Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Project idea




This is the book that Mizenko-sensei was kind enough to obtain for me. This woman is an anthropologist who is analyzing the beauty culture of Japan in the 90's and early 2000's. I am currently reading this book and will provide for you a breakdown of each chapter so that I don't write one very long summary. And also so it will be easier on myself to look at.

As for my project idea itself, I do not yet have a concrete idea. I'm keeping an open mind at this point. I plan to read this entire book and then search the web for websites about Japanese cosmetic surgery and other such beauty treatments and then analyze what Miller had said with ideas of my own making.

I get the feeling at this point that I will have to be combating many stereotypes as I work through this project. So we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment